Sunday, August 22, 2010

Antarctica?!!? What the heck are you doing there?

If I had a dime for everytime someone has asked me that question.... But seriously, welcome to a little blog I'm going to try to keep for this season's visit to the highest, driest, coldest, windiest continent on Earth. My postdoctoral researcher, Lars Kalnajs, and I are at McMurdo Station, Antarctica to participate in a special project to study the ozone layer here. Over the next few weeks, I'll let you know more about the project and about life in McMurdo. Feel free to send questions, too, if there's something you want to know more about.

For now, though, I'll leave you with a link to the McMurdo Station Webcam (which works most of the time - except days like today, when it is covered with snow).

http://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/mcmWebCam.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment